What we are doing
Vote The Outdoors Action Fund is educating candidates and voters about the positive economic and social impacts outdoor recreation and the outdoor recreation economy has on communities across the United States.
America’s great outdoors are a part of who we are as Americans. Vote The Outdoors Action Fund will help elect candidates across the country who understand that our land and water is part of our national heritage, who will invest in and protect our land and water, and who will support the recreation economy today and for future generations of Americans.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Getting involved in politics can seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some very simple steps that only take a few minutes, so you can make sure the people we elect support the outdoors and the recreation economy.
• If you are not registered to vote, get registered – vote.org
• Learn who the candidates are in your state, congressional district or local community – https://ballotpedia.org/Elections
• Go to the candidates’ websites to see where they stand on land and water issues, climate change, and the recreation economy. If you don’t see information on the website, call the phone number on their website and ask them.
• Send the candidates information about the recreation economy in your state or district – https://outdoorindustry.org/advocacy/
• Use the Vote The Outdoors Social Media Toolkit below to post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram to let your friends know that you will Vote The Outdoors in November and they should too!
• For members of Congress who are running for reelection, you can find their OIA Scorecard grade here – https://outdoorindustry.org/advocacy/scorecard
• Whether by mail in ballot or in person at your polling place on Tuesday, November 6th, remember to Vote The Outdoors!!